Not really. It certainly sounds that way though when you read this headline. An article up at Yahoo News today claims that mobile telephone subscriptions has reached 3.3 billion, which is equivalent to half the world’s population. The article does go on to clarify that 59 countries have mobile penetration of over 100 percent. This means, of course, that some owners have more than one phone. So let’s hear it. Do you skew the numbers for your country? How many phones do you have an active account on? Tell us in the comments.
- 34 Weeks of OHA: #7
- New SDK Considered "Big Improvement"
- Alienware: No Comment
- PacketVideo Brings TV to Any Wi-Fi Capable Phone
- Samsung Dropping Two Android-Based Phones in ’08?
- AG5 – February 16th Edition
- Addressing the Alienware Phone Article
- Rumor Mill Churns Again
- This Week in Open Handset Alliance News (February 15th Edition)
- Judging a Book…